TOO TOXIC TO TRASH
FREE Household Hazardous and Electronic Waste Drive-Thru Collection Event in Glendora on Saturday,June 19, 2021.
- Do not attend if you have:
- Any COVID-19 symptons
- Been asked to quarantine
- Recently traveled internationally
- Wear a face covering.
- Stay in your vehicles with windows closed, if possible.
BUSINESS WASTE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
What you CAN bring to an event (examples):
- Brake fluid, paint, paint thinner, cleaners with acid or lye, pesticides or herbicides, household batteries and car batteries, pool chemicals, motor oil, oil filters, expired pharmaceuticals, anti-freeze, and fluorescent light bulbs.
- Household electronic waste which includes:
Computer monitors, televisions, computer CPUs, keyboards, printers, cellular phones, etc.
What you CAN'T bring to an event: - Hazardous waste and electronic waste from businesses.
- Explosives, ammunition and radioactive materials.
- Trash and tires.
- Large appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, and washing machines, etc.
- Controlled substances
How to prepare items for transportation:
- Carefully secure items in your trunk/pick-up bed. Hazardous waste must be in your trunk/pick-up with no other items.
- Bring the items in a sturdy box, preferably in their original labeled container. Be prepared to leave containers.
- Sharps disposal will require exiting your vehicle in a designated location to deposit them in a bin.
- Open to Los Angeles residents. No business waste accepted.
- There is a limit of 15 gallons or 125 pounds of hazardous waste per trip.
Home generated sharps waste such as hypodermic needles, pen needles, syringes, lancets, and intravenous needles SHOULD NOT be placed in your trash. Bring them to the Roundups or visit www.CLEANLA.com for alternative disposal options.
You can also take your used motor oil to more than 600 oil recycling centers in Los Angeles County. Call 1(888) CLEAN-LA for a complete listing.
Brought to you by the County of Los Angeles and presented by the Department of Public Works and the Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County in cooperation with the cities of Claremont, Covina, Diamond Bar, Glendora, Industry, La Verne, Pomona, San Dimas, and Walnut.
DATE: Saturday, June 19, 2021
TIME: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
LOCATION: Citrus College, Stadium Parking Lot, Barranca Ave. just north of Alosta Ave., Glendora, CA 91741
FLYER: Flyer: Glendora Household Hazardous & Electronic Waste Collection Event (ENG & SPAN)
Open to all Los Angeles County residents