There are two garage permits allowed per year. Each permit is valid for ten consecutive days with the first date beginning at a date of your choice and expiring ten days later. Each permit is $10.00 and can be purchased at City Hall Monday-Thursday between 8 a.m. through 6 p.m. During our closed hours a permit may be obtained at the Police Department. The application may be picked up at City Hall or can be obtained Garage Sale Permit (PDF).
Any resident of the city may conduct a garage, residence, or occasional sale upon the premises on which his residence is located; provided, however, that a regulatory permit shall include the following information:
- The name and address of the person or persons wishing to hold the sale;
- The location where the sale will be conducted, including a general designation of the area of the premises where the actual sale is to be carried out;
- A general inventory of the goods to be offered for sale;
- The dates and time period when the sale shall be conducted;
- An affidavit or declaration under penalty of perjury, that the person or persons conducting the sale are the owners of the property offered for sale, that all of the goods are secondhand, and that no more than one previous such garage sale has been held within the calendar year.
No more than two garage, residence or occasional sales may be conducted by the same person or persons upon the same property within the same calendar year. A garage, residence, or occasional sale permit shall be limited to a period of ten consecutive days per sale. All personal, goods, and furnishings must be the property of those conducting the same and must be used goods. No garage sale or display of items or merchandise for sale shall be conducted on the portion of the premises within the required setback defined in this code.