- Feature Links
- Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Please read the City of La Verne General Terms and Conditions ("Terms and Conditions")of use carefully before using the website or any services offered by the City of La Verne.
By using the website and other services offered by the City of La Verne, you signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions of use, do not use this site.
The City's website is an online information service provided by the City of La Verne, which may revise and update these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting such revised Terms and Conditions on the City's website. Your continued usage of this site or any of its services will mean you accept those changes.
Links to Other Pages
The City's website contains links to other pages on the World Wide Web. The City of La Verne does not assume responsibility for the contents, accuracy, nor completeness of those other pages. City of La Verne will gladly remove any link from this website upon request from the linked entity.
City of La Verne, whether or not affiliated with sites that may be linked to this site, is not responsible for their content ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are for your convenience only and you access them at your own risk. Disclaimer: City of La Verne or any of its related persons or entities, providing entertainment contracts, forms, releases, and agreements does so solely as an educational reference. It is not intended to be used as a substitute for qualified, legal advice. The legality of the forms and agreements presented may vary from state to state. Use them as a guideline only. For advice on specific legal matters, consult a qualified attorney.
The purpose of this policy is to identify the criteria and conditions by which the City provides links to external websites. Consistent with the City's overall Website Use Policy, the City's primary purpose for linking to external websites is for the City to provide information to the public regarding services available to the public from City government, as well as information regarding services available to the public from other governmental agencies and private organizations in partnership with the City. Thus, the City is not establishing a forum for others to provide information. Rather, the City is providing information to direct website users to resources outside the City which provide services to the general public which are complementary to and in support of the services provided by the City.
This policy governs the creation of implied or explicit links to external websites from images, notices, and other communications on the City of La Verne website. Such links include:
- Hyperlinks activated by clicking on an image or text, leading to a web page that does not reside on the City of La Verne website (explicit);
- Mention of a URL address providing users with the address of a web page that does not reside on the City of La Verne website (implied), or;
- Any other explicit or implied facilitation of movement from the City of La Verne website to another web page that does not reside on the City of La Verne website.
The City may establish links on the City website to external sites, provided that each external site meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Other government agencies, including federal, state, county, regional, public schools, and special districts.
- Private educational institutions operating within the City of La Verne and that is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges or similar state, regional, or national accrediting organization
- Organizations that partner with the City of La Verne to meet the City's strategic or operational goals.
- Service providers contracted by the City of La Verne by which the City regulates or monitors customer service issues.
- Commercial real estate and commercial developers that assist the City in promoting businesses throughout La Verne by providing listings of available commercial property in La Verne.
- Local and regional economic development organizations that assist the City in promoting businesses throughout La Verne.
- Sites providing directional and climatic information
The linked sites are not under the control of the City of La Verne, and the City of La Verne is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The City of La Verne is providing these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the City of La Verne or any association with their operators.
All links to external sites will open in a new browser window, and will meet accessibility guidelines. Other than links to other governmental agencies, all links to external sites must be approved by the City of La Verne webmaster.
The City of La Verne does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever (including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) with regard to this site, the materials, any products, information or service provided through this site, or any third party sites listed on this site, and the City of La Verne shall not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from any such transaction. The City of La Verne does not warrant that this site will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in this site will be corrected. The City of La Verne website is provided on an "as is, as available" basis.
In no event will the City of La Verne or its officers, employees, agents and the assigns of same be liable for:
- Any incidental, consequential, or indirect damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, business interruption, loss of programs or information, and the like) arising out of the use of or inability to use this site, the materials or any information, or transactions provided on this site or downloaded from this site, even if the city of la verne or its authorized representatives have been advised of the possibility of such damages, or
- Any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies in this site, the materials and/or listings or information downloaded through this site. Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you. In such states, the city of la verne's liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the City of La Verne and its officers, employees, agents and the assigns of same, from and against any and all loss, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses), claims, damages and liabilities related to or associated with your use of this site and any violation of these Terms and Conditions by you.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions constitute a contract made under and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. You agree that State and Federal courts located in Los Angeles County, California, or the Ninth District shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine any claims or disputes between you and the City of La Verne (and/or its officers, employees, agents and the assigns of same), pertaining directly or indirectly to these Terms and Conditions, or to any matter arising therefrom, or any other document executed and delivered in connection herewith or therewith.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the City of La Verne with respect to the use of this site and the Materials. The City of La Verne's failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of these Terms and Conditions. The City of La Verne may assign its rights and duties under these Terms and Conditions to any party at any time without notice to you.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on April 2, 2012.
Questions or comments regarding this site should be sent by email or by U.S. mail to:
City of La Verne
3660 "D" Street
La Verne, CA 91750